Tuesday, March 07, 2006

FN FiveseveN Forums - factory powder?

Posted by Medula Oblongata:

FN FiveseveN Forums - factory powder?: "I like TrueBlue over any other powder except Viht 3N37 (for my 55grn loads). It is easy to measure, easy to handle, and when spilled on a desk, it eask to clean up. Not only that it is fairly clean and has a perfect amount of graphite on it to help with lubing the measure.

My prefered case length is 1.1345' and I try to get my OAL all the way up to 1.585'. with the longer bullets like the VMax, Nosler ballistic tip, and sierra BlitzKing, you can achieve factory length (1.585' of thereabouts). With shorter obive bullets you will have to determine your own seating depth based upon projectile length and how much of the bullet is in contact with the case throat. You must have enough of it in the case to have a uniform starting pressure. I like to make sure that my short ogive bullets are seated to the bottom of the neck, as close to flush or slightly deeper (maybe 1/500th past the neck)."

No comments:

Blog Archive