Thursday, March 02, 2006

FN FiveseveN Forums - 5.7 vs. Ballistic Vest

Posted by WB880:

FN FiveseveN Forums - 5.7 vs. Ballistic Vest: "MODS FEEL FREE TO REMOVE THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE READ WHOLE POST.

I recently tested the ss195, ss196 and ss197 on a level IIIa vest that my department issues. For my test I slanted the test in favor (As in close range) to have the rounds penitrate the vest. I shot the vests from approximately 4ft (to approximate point blank range without risking my own injury too much), but not an any odd angles all shots were head on and into the center of the vest.

The vest was secured to clay blocks like it would fit on a body and the rounds were aimed at approximately center mass of the vest.

NONE of the above ammunition penitrated the vest from the FiveSeven Handgun. Here are a few pictures from my testing and recovered rounds from the test

Front of vest removed from carrier


Rear view of vest, note that the cloth sticker was stressed and buckled from the ss195, but the round DID NOT penitrate the vest.


Recovered rounds from the vest left to right ss196, ss197, ss195


As an LE Officer I feel confident that if I am shot with a FiveSeven pistol (I hope I never am shot though, already been shot at) with any of the above ammo I am 99% sure that my vest will stop the round.

I shot 2 vests both with the same results. One vest was purchased new approximately one year ago and was worn by an officer that quit 2 months after hire. The second vest was made in 1994, by the same company. Both vests performed exactly the same.

I hope this helps that the FiveSeven is no different than anyother gun out there when loaded with any commercially avaliable ammunition."

No comments:

Blog Archive