Thursday, January 20, 2005

Gave the 4.4x28 a workout today!

Posted by: Mark D 10/23/2004, 22:44:46

I finaly got out to do some shooting today . Been reloading and not getting to shoot much . I grabbed my 4.4x28 in AR15 and about 80 rounds of ammo , some 20grMEF bergers and some 29 gr Kindlers . The loads were 10 grains of VV120 with the 20 gr bergers and 10 grains of H4198 with the 29 gr Kindlers , sorry I have not Chronographed these loads yet but expansion was great on the PD's and cottontails I shot today. The wind died down to nothing today and made long shots fun , most were 150 to 225 yards . This PD town has lots of mesquite trees and the PD's have kinda built there town in and around them making it hard to get really long shots . Also I did most of my shooting out of the cab of my truck , Off the mirror , if you know what I mean . I really like these small calibers , you get to see your hits though the scope and you don't need hearing protection on most of them .Thanks! Mark.

No comments:

Blog Archive