Monday, January 24, 2005

Extended barrel for FN 5.7 (Posted By: Claude Raines Date: 10/19/04 19:24)

The standard factory mfg extended barrel for the 5.7 has a metric thread that measures up at M10 x 1.0 RH. I currently have two of them for both of my pitols ( 1 x Tool Room Prototype with a three digit serial # and 1 x full production version with a ten digit number)

I don't think that FN makes a barrel with the 1/2 x 28 TPI thread.
As far as it goes I think it would be a job for a barrel maker but it would be an absolute nightmare to make due to the barrel design.

My suggestion would be to buy a threaded barrel from an FN dealer and fit it up with an adapter to suit the can.

The only other problem I can see you having is getting function with a can.
They only like relatively light weight cans.

No comments:

Blog Archive