Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Airsoft P90 fan page (with pics and movie photos)

My P90, with and without silencer.
I chose a P90 for 3 reasons:
I wanted a weapon which was compact, having used longer guns on my first couple of matches. I found long barrels get in the way when you're diving through hedges.
I liked the look of the P90, having seen it on Stargate-SG1, and the James Bond flick, The World Is Not Enough (crap film that it was).
I had the opportunity to try one owned by a friend, and liked it.

Of course once you buy any kind of airsoft gun, you want to modify it. Here's what has been done to mine:

Spring uprated to give 325fps. I got this done at purchase, to save hassle. It gives it a nice boost to the range without really hurting your opponent (it is a game after all)
Laser and torch added (1 each side) a la Stargate. I don't use the laser much, but the torch is handy in the bunkers - oh yes, and it looks good.
3-9 x 40 scope added as I'm a bit of a sniper
Sling added. This was home-made, and is ok, but could be improved (see bottom of left-hand column).

P90's in use on the small and big screens:
Stargate - striking a poseYou think I can hit the director from here?
The right way to hold a P90, although shoulder is better - face-pulling optionalThe wrong way to hold a p90 - it's not a saxophone!
Bond doing the one-handed thingTake the picture already - my arm's starting to ache!
How to sling your P90:
The "Stargate"The "Gunslinger"
This is how they carry the P90 on Stargate SG1, as seen in the pic further up.

My home-made sling doesn't really work in this position.

Personally, I don't like the silencer slapping me in the groin every time I move. I would imagine it gets tiring on the neck too. See below for a possible solution.

This seems to be the best option, as long as you get the length right so it is easy to "draw" when needed.

If using a silencer, watch you don't dig it into the dirt when you kneel down. If so, shorten the sling. I speak from experience!

Buy this sling from Stargate6.comStargate P90 sling

SG1 use a much better sling than my home-made one, which should be more comfortable! I have one on order from Stargate6.com, and will review it after I've used it in action.

No comments:

Blog Archive