Tuesday, January 31, 2006

FN FiveseveN Forums - state to state transfer

Posted by Prolix:

FN FiveseveN Forums - state to state transfer: "Yeah, lists like that one or the one I saw at Glock Talk are nice for cross-referencing. Especially when the rules vary like in my state of Minnesota. I already knew suppressors were illegal; I had no idea MG/SBS were limited to FFL holders.

So now I'm trying to straighten out the rules on SBR's. I think I have the federal stuff understood pretty well though. p99guy posted a nice little shopping list in this thread. You'll need:

2x ATF Form 5320-1 (Get it here.)

2x Passport-style photos (specifies approximately 2'x2', I would assume color photos) to affix to the form under item 12.

2x FBI FD-258 'blue lines' fingerprint cards. Then get printed at your local PD/Sheriff's Office (maybe for free; my PD wants $10 per set). You should probably request these from the ATF NFA office so that they come with some pre-printed information on them. I got mine from a local gun shop that is trying to help me out, and in the 'ORI' field is the following typewritten text:

Code:
DCATF0100
AT&F
FIREARMS & EXPLO DIV
WASH, DCHowever, I assume that might be outdated since the NFA office is in VA now (I think!).

1x ATF Form 5330.20 (Get it here.) Once called 'the FBI form' by someone I know--not sure why. Has you declare/certify that you are a citizen.

1x Postal money order for $200.00, to cover the tax.

Usual advice I hear is 'make sure your forms are completely filled out' (even the little fields on the blue lines cards), 'make sure to print your Form 1 onto two sides of one sheet of paper', etc. Oh, the Form 1 is actually a 4-page PDF file, but the last two pages are instructions just for you.

I also heard rumor of needing to pay some"

No comments:

Blog Archive