Tuesday, January 24, 2006

FN FiveseveN Forums - Group Buy for Jarvis Threaded barrel for Five SeveN

Posted by jfk:

FN FiveseveN Forums - Group Buy for Jarvis Threaded barrel for Five SeveN: "

I hope you guys get a better price break than I did. I called Bill and spoke to him for a good fifteen minutes. I bought a barrel from him a few years ago for my HK and I love it.

I saw this thread and was interested in the group buy. I was worried Bill did not reply, so I called him and politely asked him about the buy and what kind of a price break I would be getting. Bill had to take a few minutes to gather his notes regarding the group buy.

Bill told me that he did receive an e-mail reagrding the barrels and he put some thought to how much of a break he could give. Bill told me the 5.7 barrel actually consists of five parts that he would have to manufacture. Bill makes other barrels that do not require this much parts and labor. I'm sure he could have discounted prices on some of those barrels.

I told Bill there were others interested in his barrels and members of this board intended to buy a batch of his barrels. Bill told me that he could not give a price break or a break significant enough to join in the buy. He said the group buy would have to a very large order to reflect a break.

I'm sure if the military or a large L.E. agency approached Bill and requested a large amount of barrels, Bill could lower the price but he would have to hire more people to assist him with the build. He would have to re-direct his staff to work on the 5.7 barrels specifically.

Suppose the military/government wanted 300 barrels and he sold them at $220.00 each. Bill would make some extra barrels/parts in case there were any repair/warranty issues. In this case, lets say there are enough parts to make fifty extra barrels. The government contract goes off without a hitch and there are fifty barrels left plus some springs and other parts. A"

No comments:

Blog Archive