Thursday, June 09, 2005

Saubier.com article on a well organized reloading bench

Saubier.com

My Reloading Bench

I wish that I had a picture of my first reloading bench. I will try to describe it briefly but cant possibly do it justice. The bench was small in size maybe 4 feet wide. I had all of my reloading essentials not even some of the things that most would consider essential in a plastic bin with a lid. In the bin, my supplies consisted of a few boxes of bullets, 2 or 3 pounds of powder, a wilson case trimmer, 1 reloading manual, dial calipers, a powder trickler, a .17 cal funnel, an RCBS scale, a Wilson chamfering tool, and a RCBS primer pocket wire brush gizmo. Behind the bench was a single target taped to the concrete block exterior wall. This target was a trophy to me at the time, but I couldnt even tell you where it is at this point. The Rockchucker press was mounted to the bench, and a Lee Perfect Powder Measure was mounted to a board for powder dispensing. When I first began reloading, I didn't even have the powder measure and I had to literally trickle the entire charge. I have a few small children and have to prioritize and limit my spending on reloading stuff. I was able to load quality ammunition even at my rather confined space with the limited equipment that I had.


...

No comments:

Blog Archive