Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thanks to Herstal, MO, and all the rest. - FN FiveseveN Forum

Thanks to Herstal, MO, and all the rest. - FN FiveseveN Forum

I would like to Thank everyone that has contributed to the Reloading section. Yesterday I chronographed my first reloads.

Thanks to:

Hestal for a great shell plate for my dillon. My only problem was the powder measure. I have an older 550 and the original powder measur would not fully actuate with the small 5.7x28 case. Luckily I had purchased a second powder measure to have one for pistol and one for rifle. The new one worked just fine.

MO for sharing his wealth of experience with reloading.

Charlie Foster for sharing his reloading data.

I was looking for a sub sonic load. I loaded a Win 55gr fmj, WSR primer, 3.0 grs HS6, once fired brass, COL 1.58.
Avg - 1036.8, HI - 1072.2, Low - 992.6, SD - 19.5

I also tried some 40gr Vmax, with 7.4 grs of AA#7.
Avg - 2227.8, HI - 2266.2, Low - 2195.9, SD - 19.2

I had accidently picked up the moly coated Vmax bullets. Would that explain why the velocity at 7.4 grs exceeded the powder mfg specs for a 40 gr bullet, that had a max of 7.7 grs 2044 fps?

No comments:

Blog Archive