Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Gemtech's SFN-57 Test Spin [Archive] - FN FiveseveN Forum

Gemtech's SFN-57 Test Spin [Archive] - FN FiveseveN Forum: "I recently had the opportunity to hook up with Doc Dater and Kelly from Gemtech at a small MG Match and they happended to have the SFN-57 attached to a Tactical 5.7 Pistol. They said I could take it for a spin but they didn't have any ammo with them...... Lucky me. I'm still waiting for my Jarvis Barrel to be shipped.... sigh. I loaded up a 30 rounder with some S-190, S-192, S-195, S-196 and S-197 ammo to feel and hear if there were any notable difference in ammo with the suppressor. All of the rounds did have a noticible sonic crack but you could really tell the difference with the can and without..... I couldn't tell any difference in the crack between any of the rounds that I fired. The overall length of the suppressor was 5.8' The diameter was 1.25 inches and didn't interfere or block the Tactical sights. The weight was only 5.2 ounces and didn't make the pistol front end heavy. The suppressors have a M10x1 Thread. I definately need to get my hands on some S-193 Subsonic ammo and will be ordering one of these cans as soon as my barrel is shipped. Agent"

No comments:

Blog Archive