Friday, October 13, 2006

FN FiveseveN Forums - Homemade scope mount

FN FiveseveN Forums - Homemade scope mount: "Homemade scope mount



I've had more than one request recently for my homemade scope mount recipe, so I figure I'll post a series of pics here so that everyone has equal opportunity to laugh at my invention

1. Take your ordinary Walther P-22 scope rail out of the bagand proceed to 'hog' out the inside of the mount with a diamond 'football' burr to allow you to mount the bracket as far to the read of the picatinny rail as possible (pic 1 and 2).

2. Then also take your football burr and hog out the inside of the top of the mount to allow the front site to pass through without hitting anything (pics 3 and 4). The female side is easy, but the male side takes some time. (pic 5)

3. When that is finished you end up with (pic 6). As you can see you have a hollow channel that allows the front site to move back and forth without hitting anything.

4. Picture 7 shows that the front screwhole and mounting bracket can no longer be used because I cut the area out, so we are having to rely on the shape of the rail (pic 8) to hold the mount together on top.

5. I then cut the rail to be the same length as the mount its self (from the factory, the rail is 3' longer) so nothing was hanging over (pic 9).

6. Then I milled the mounting screw down (pic 9) so that I could also use it on my USP Elite who doesn't have a picatinny rail, but a proprietary one that has no cutouts. It will NOT work on standard USP's, but will on the Elite because of the extra long (6.2' barrel) sight radius.

Thats all there is to it. It seems to maintain acceptable accuracy, nothing moves very much at all.

Pic 10 is of the finished product. Enjoy!!!"

No comments:

Blog Archive