Friday, December 02, 2005

The Official Defcon Shoot Page *CANCELED*

The Official Defcon Shoot Page *CANCELED*: "


YEAR NINE OF THE DEFCON SHOOT CANCELED
NEWS <07/05/05>

*OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT* - Defcon Shoot canceled.
Here is the email I sent out to the dcshoot mailing list:


From chs@23.org Tue Jul 5 08:18:52 2005 -0700
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:18:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: CHS
To: dcshoot@23.org
Subject: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Defcon Shoot Canceled.

I'm afraid to announce that this year, I'm stepping down from the defcon
shoot - in effect canceling it..

I've been doing it since defcon 5, and it was always a blast. we had a great
run, but it was originally founded for a bit of desert fun while out at the con
and has since turned into more work than play.

It's grown way too big for its britches and I just don't have the means to
support something of its size anymore. Every year for the past 3-4 years us
RO's have been drawn a little thinner as more and more yahoo's and wackjobs
showed up.

don't get me wrong, 99% of the shooters are great people, and I would gladly
trust them as shooting partners any day of the week. but, well, a few bad
apples and other cliches, you know?

With the end of the shoot I'll be able to concentrate more on gooning and
sleeping in a couple extra hours saturday morning, and party all that much
harder on friday - something that since becoming staff has been incredibly hard
and stressful on me each year.

The defcon shoot has been an incredible success, and save for perhaps the
capture-the-flag contest is the single largest official defcon event. So,
unfortunately defcon will be a little bit quieter this year, without all the
bangs.

Also to mention is its increasingly harder"

No comments:

Blog Archive