Thursday, November 03, 2005

Graybeard Outdoors :: View topic - How do you make a snap cap ?

Graybeard Outdoors :: View topic - How do you make a snap cap ?

Gun Runner:

I made mine out of a pencil erasser. Rounded it to fit with a piece of sand paper, a dab of super glue around the sides and base.

Vietvet:

I just fill the primer pocket with silicone sealer.

gunnut69:

The silicone sealer works better if there's a piece of brass or steel glued over it to better resist the firing pin..

2520:

Fill the primer pocket with hot glue. Lasts a long time. I seat a flat base bullet upside down and flush to the case mouth to give it some heft and to be sure I don't ever put in some powder. I paint the case head with red nail polish to identify it as a snap cap.

BoarHunter:

I agree with the above post telling you need to put some brass (just saw a piece of brass rod or brass screw) to take the blow. Just the hot glue or the silicone will not absorb the striker energy and it will be as dry firing.

Epoxy works better as it is stronger.

Seat a bullet and crimp it hard but drill holes in the case to identify it as a dummy.

No comments:

Blog Archive