Wednesday, January 02, 2008

smoothing out the trigger pull - FN FiveseveN Forum

smoothing out the trigger pull - FN FiveseveN Forum: "I have read through several trigger pull related posts here, and I don't believe that anyone has yet determined the cause of the rough feel of the trigger pull on the USG's.

Today I disassembled my 5.7 for a thorough cleaning, and I noticed with the slide removed the trigger pull was very smooth. I manually cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger several times and I started looking at how the trigger mechanism was designed, and followed the trigger linkage back to where it releases the hammer.
I noticed that the linkage between the trigger pivot and the hammer release rides on an indented ramp of the slide. Hard to describe exactly what I mean so I have some pics that should be posted soon.

The trigger pull tension is caused by a protrusion in the trigger linkage that kind of gets wedged against the slide as the trigger is pulled. The roughness of the edges rubbing together creates a lot of resistance, that I guess might work itself out over time with lots of usage. I have fired several hundered rounds through my 5.7 and I'm still not completely satisfied with the trigger pull."

Continues...

Photos included in thread

No comments:

Blog Archive