Friday, December 03, 2004

P90 Sight Options

(PlayerOneVsTheWorld @ Nov 9 2004, 11:53 AM)

The UK company producing the optical sights is Ring Sights. I struck up a deal with them around a year back to buy one of the units, but found I couldn't justify the price on my measly account balance :S

I would love to buy one now; I'm pretty sure its possible. I guess you've already got the unit, right eltee? From RS, it's around £140 delivered within the UK; not too bad. Less than the airsoft gun, at least

I spoke to Ian Flack last time, but that was a while ago. Not sure who would deal with purchases like that now.

You think it would be worth me buying one?

If I had to pick ONE sight for a real P90, it would be the Eotech Holographic tactical sight. For backup, the iron sight built into the left and right side of the frame is fine, esp. if the front blades are painted with gunsight high glow paint. For real CQB you pretty much use an instinctive "point shoot" technique at 15 feet or less and/or support that with a laser. The real, factory sight might be of great value to many, but if I have to use a sighting system at CLOSE range my personal preference is the Eotech whereas on my real M4 that is intended for mid to long range (if I am in a support or perimeter role) is the ACOG with the built in backup iron sights, plus we add the GG&G "MAD" backup tritium enhanced sight on the rail behind the ACOG. The ACOG has some quirks and limitations (short eye relief, hard to use co-witness sights or NV scopes, etc.).

If you want to trick out your airsoft P90 with a real P90 sight (like what I'm doing...so it is not a criticism) that's fine but IMHO if you want a real world user friendly and effective CQB sight, think about an EOTECH. Mind you, the eotech's can be found used, AND the older models simply called Bushnell Holographic sights are great for airsoft and the frontal glass is strong enough that you don't have to "armor" it against incoming airsoft rounds like you do with the replica eotechs.

No comments:

Blog Archive