Monday, July 05, 2004

Five-seveN (and Exploding Targets, eg. Tannerite)

Tannerite (TM) exploding targets are cool stuff.

I asked:
I'm thinking that it's probably under-powered, but I'm curious as to your estimation of a Five-seveN with SS192 ammo (28gr JHP at 2034 fps http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/tw_57x28system.htm ) to detonate a Tannerite target. If not the factory ammo, how about an ultra-light hand-load in the 2500fps range?
Dan Tanner responded:

A lot depends on the weather, on the mix, on how well it's mixed, whether it's fuel-rich, or fuel-lean, etc. Normally, your safe with anything that shoots a pointed lead tipped bullet w/700 ft pounds of energy or more. Scientifically speaking, the targets are not suppose to work at all.... but they do.

Please keep me up on your expirements.


July, 2004

I've also picked up some Scarecrows and I plan to test them as well.

No comments:

Blog Archive